Career Builds for
“The heart of Saphery is the Tower of Hoeth, the shrine of the God of Wisdom. This is the greatest repository of magical knowledge in the world. The most powerful of these scholars are known as Archmages, and are capable of manipulating all the winds of magic weaving powerful sorceries known only as High Magic.”
Difficulty (Skillcap, Rotations) 0
Versatility (Build / Playstyle Variety) 0
Mobility (Gap-Closers, Escapes, Immunities, Movespeed Buffs) 0
Special Mechanic: High Magic
Class Details: Long-range healers, the Archmages are master of High Magic. Through careful and balanced use of the Winds of Magic, Archmages can use the power generated by their offnsice spells as a fuel for their healing abilities. By weaving back and forth between damaging spells and healing magic they reduce and sometimes even negate the cost of beneficial spells, allowing them to remain efficient for long periods of time.
From the oldest times recorded, High Elves have harnessed powerful innate magic. Using their inborn abilities, Archmage characters bend and mold magical energies to form powerful attacks. Though other races use magic, few can harness the pure energy with the same degree of power and precision as the Archmage. Before battle, the Archmage harnesses a massive amount of energy at once so that he can unleash it much faster than any other caster in the game.
The Archmage is the caster and healer of the high elves. Though he is primarily a ranged damage dealer for the high elves, he can also fulfill the role of healer for smaller groups.
The High Elves are known far and wide as the most powerful mages in the world, and the Archmages are the best even among their own kin. Capable of weaving all of the Winds of Magic together in complex and subtle ways, the Archmages can easily turn the tide of battle in their favor.
The High Elves are the only living beings who can grasp the depth and subtlety of true High Magic. By understanding the true natures of all of the Winds of Magic, the Archmage can transfer the power of his destructive spells directly into his beneficial magic, using this balanced power to make his healing abilities less expensive.
Path of Isha
Path of Isha is focused on restoring health and life to the Archmage’s allies. A skilled Master of this path will be adept at weaving offensive magic in with his healing magic, greatly extending the efficiency of his beneficial spells.
Path of Asuryan
The Path of Asuryan is primarily aimed at bringing forth the destructive side of the Winds of Magic. An Archmage who specializes in this path will become adept at raining down doom upon his foes, while simultaneously manipulating the flows of arcane power to fuel his healing magic as well.
Path of Vaul
The Path of Vaul is a subtle Mastery that focuses on both crippling the Archmage’s enemies, and strengthening his allies. The specialist in this Mastery relies on cunning effects to lead his foes to an inevitable doom which they won’t even realize is approaching until it’s too late.
As an Archmage you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points.
Will Power: Increases your healing Power and increases the chance to disrupt enemy spells.
Healing Critical: Increase your chance to do Critical heals.
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
- Cleansing Flare (Path of Asuryan 5pt ability) swapped with Storm of Cronos (Path of Vaul 5pt ability).
- Empowered Lores tactic now only builds an extra point when increasing mechanic points, not consuming them.
- Dissipating Energies is now a 5s duration, 1s tick, 30s cooldown ability. (link)
- Mechanic: Casting a damage spell with 1 healing point or a healing spell with 1 damage point will now result in having no mechanic points instead of 1 mechanic point of the opposite type to the one that was consumed; now additionally reduces the AP costs of cast time spells by 40%.
- Penetrating Siphon core tactic added that makes Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul 20% less likely to be defended (block/disrupt).
- Energy of Vaul functionally changed: at level 40, inflicts 359 Spirit damage on your target and 4 other enemies within 20 feet, healing your defensive target and all allies within 20 feet of them for 358 health per target hit plus 150% of the total damage you dealt. AP cost increased to 50 from 35, casts on the move if mechanic points are consumed, and cooldown increased to 8s from 5s.
- Balance Essence AP cost increased to 45 from 30, casts on the move if mechanic points are consumed, and heals for an additional 600 + Willpower stat at level 40, but damage component does not benefit from Intelligence stat.
- Isha’s Ward morale 1 duration reduced from 60s to 30s.
- Mistress of the Marsh radius extended to meet its visual effects.
- Healing Energy casts on the move.
- Drain Magic steals 20 Action Points per second, rather than 60 Action Points every 3s
- Magical Infusion increases the value of heals received by the target by 25%
- Resurrection Illness now applies a 25% stat debuff, down from 50%, still excluding wounds
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: