Career Builds for
THE IRON BREAKER
“The Iron breaker is the quintessential dwarf – gruff, quarrelsome and taciturn. He is also your best friend on the field of battle, as any blow struck against his allies is a Grudge that is guaranteed to be repaid in kind. Equipped with his famed Gromril armor, and practicing his elite weapon craft, he is a steadfast defender.”
Difficulty (Skillcap, Rotations) 0
Versatility (Build / Playstyle Variety) 0
Mobility (Gap-Closers, Escapes, Immunities, Movespeed Buffs) 0
Special Mechanic: Grudge
Class Details: Fighters specializing in physical defense, Ironbreakers build up Grudges as their allies and they take damage. The greater the Grudge the more powerful the Ironbreakers’ offensive action become.
As an Ironbreaker, your goal is to get between your friends and your foes and use your defensive abilities to absorb and deflect attacks. If you cant immediately claim a foes attention, your grudge bonuses begin to make you a problem foes cant ignore as you grow more and more potent in your defense of your allies. Obviously, Ironbreakers truly shine in groups but even solo they are quite capable as long as they can get close enough to wear down foes with their axe or hammer.
When most people describe someone as “stubborn”, theyre probably talking about a Dwarf – but when a Dwarf describes someone as “stubborn as a bloody mountain”, theyre probably talking about an Ironbreaker. Clad in their legendary gromril armor, they are the vanguard of any Dwarf army, leading and protecting their kin and allies on the field of battle.
No one can hold a grudge like a Dwarf, and the Ironbreakers are considered to be especially persistant even among the Dwarfs. Any time someone dares to attack the Ironbreaker, he makes a note of the insult and adds another Grudge to his list – and if an enemy should be so foolish as to attack an Ironbreakers sworn and bonded Oath Friend, the Grudge earned will be paid back with fury several times over.
Path of Stone
As stubborn and unyielding as the mountains themselves, Ironbreakers who master this path are specialists in defense and will expend every last ounce of energy protecting their sworn oath friends. Since an Ironbreaker builds up Grudges quickly when under direct attack, this mastery takes advantage of that by consuming his Grudges to fuel potent defensive abilities.
Path of Vengeance
Some Ironbreakers hold their grudges close to their heart, slowly nurturing them until they are filled with the fury of Grimnir himself. With a single-minded focus, a specialist in this path becomes more and more dangerous with every Grudge he holds, pushing himself to fight more brutally as he strives to avenge the insults that have been dealt.
Path of Brotherhood
A specialist in this path understands the balance between camaraderie and retribution, and is a natural leader on the battleground. Alternately holding and discharging his Grudges, the master of Brotherhood serves as a shining example of the greatest of Dwarf traits, inspiring his allies to push onwards to greater heights. Equally adept at breaking the enemy line or standing his ground and holding back waves of foes, the master of this path has the ability to bolster his Oath Friend as well as himself.
As an Ironbreaker you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points.
Block: Increases your chance to defend against all attacks with a shield.
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
Toughness: Reduces damage dealt to you by opponents.
Parry: Increases your chance to defend against melee attacks.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
Stubborn as Stone ability now activates the auto attack speed increase if hit by magic damage of any source.
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: