Career Builds for
THE KNIGHT OF THE BLAZING SUN
“A Knight of the Blazing Suns primary goal is to obtain perfection in the art of War, as such they travel the old world individually seeking battle both large and small. A warband with a Knight of the Blazing sun at its head is a potent force capable of dealing with opponents with a level of cunning that ensures victory before the battle is even joined.”
Difficulty (Skillcap, Rotations) 0
Versatility (Build / Playstyle Variety) 0
Mobility (Gap-Closers, Escapes, Immunities, Movespeed Buffs) 0
Special Mechanic: Commands
Class Details: Fighters specializing in group support, Knight shout out commands to their allies in the heat of battle. Commands improve the performance of the group for a short period of time, and Knights can have as many as three commands active at any given time.
A single Knight is a potent force indeed, but the Knight of the Blazing Sun truly shines when he is directing a force of allies in the heat of Battle. Knights must carefully watch the ebb of the fight and determine which commands and strategies are best suited for the situation at hand. Rapid reactions and a calm clear mind are the Knights greatest tools, allowing them to bolster their allies in battle while removing any advantage their opponents may have had.
The Templars of Myrmidia are known for keeping a clear head even in the heat of battle. Capable of quickly assessing the ebb and flow of combat the Knight is a born commander. They stride into battle shoulder to shoulder with their comrades shouting out orders and commands even as they swing their great blades. These Battlefield Commands give their allies a potent advantage, allowing them to swing their blades with great vigor or staunchly hold the line against the most oppressive of foes.
Path of Conquest
Knights who choose the Path of Conquest will become experts at pushing the battle line forward. Their battlefield commands focus on bolstering the fighting strength of their allies to take advantage of their opponents weaknesses. Knights focused on Conquest traditionally forego the use of a sword and shield in favor of the more offensively oriented great sword.
Path of Vigilance
The Path of Vigilance focuses on building a strong defense to cripple opponents and protect allies. Knights choosing this mastery have a variety of commands that will increase their defensive prowess as well as those of nearby allies. This allows them to dig in and hold against almost any assault. Masters of the Path of Vigilance generally choose a stout shield and broadsword combination when defending their allies.
Path of Glory
Knights mastering the Path of Glory excel at inspiring troops to ever greater feats of courage. As such, these Knights can be found almost anywhere on the battlefield leading by example and are a welcome addition to both defensive and offensive maneuvers. Glory can be found regardless of arms and armor, and as such Knights of this mastery can be found wielding either a great sword or sword and shield combination.
As a Knight of the Blazing Sun you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points.
Block: Increases your chance to defend against all attacks with a shield.
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
Toughness: Reduces damage dealt to you by opponents.
Parry: Increases your chance to defend against melee attacks.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: