The gorge is a small length gorge, about 1000 m, the height of the walls reach approx. 200 m, with a great variety of flora and fauna. Estimated duration of 2 hours depending on your walking pace.
The difficulty of the gorge is rated as medium. The walking path is mainly the floor of the river that dries up in the summertime. The river flows from Deliana to Nopigia.
The entrance to the gorge, is in the north, near the old rural mansion Spyrou Mari. In the summertime, there are several events organised in the Rokka village “Festival of Rokka”.
The whole village is transformed into an open cultural stage, where musical, artistic and theatrical productions reveal the local cultural physiognomy. More information can be found the official Festival of Rokka website.
How to Get There
Starting from Kissamos as always, it will take you approx. 15 min to get to Rokka by car.If you are renting on Rokka the entrance of the gorge is literally 2 min walk.
- There are no shops in the village so when visiting be repaired. Comfortable shoes are adviced or hiking gear.
- Make sure you have a bottle of water with you.
- Sunscreen might be required and its good to always wear some.
- Expect to get wet if you visit spring or early summer and the river hasn’t dried up completely.
- You need to have someone drive you at the start and pick you up at the end.