The gorge starts at the area of Sirikari near the chestnut in Marouliana. The gorge Crosses the neighbourhood of Koustogianidon and continues on to the other areas of Sirikari and ends at Polyrrhenia. In the last few years was proclaimed a National Forest.
In many places the gorge is steep, in others wide and sometimes it becomes too narrow and the path is often difficult. Near the paths, you can see cardoon burning bush and wild sage. You can also enjoy the forest which is composed of olive trees, holly, locust and lentisks and mullein. This is one of the most green gorges in the area.
The estimated hiking time for this route is 2 hours and 30 mins.
How to Get There
A wonderful 35 min drive to Sirikari from Kissamos, through some lovely villages.
- You need to have someone drive you at the start and pick you up at the end.
- Make sure you have a bottle of water with you.
- Sunscreen might be required and its good to always wear some.
- Comfortable shoes are advised or hiking gear.
- The path is marked with red and yellow marks on rocks and trees.
- There is fence door at some point just open it and close it behind you to continue your hike.