This is a lengthy 10 Km gorge, which can be walked as one route or be divided to smaller parts. Originally the gorge starts from Luchi and passes through Pervolia, Vathi, Plokamiana and it ends up at Stomio which is the narrowest point of the gorge.
Luchi – Perivolia ~ 1.5Km
Perivolia – Vathi ~ 2 Km
Vathi – Plokamiana ~ 1.5Km
Plolamiana – Stomio ~ 5Km
Some parts of the gorge will feel more like walking a path rather than a gorge. Over all is an easy to walk gorge and since it passes through 3 villages it gives the travellers a change to stop and rest while exploring the villages.
How to Get There
Starting from Kissamos as always, it will take you approx. 50 min to get to Luchi by car. The start of the gorge is 100 meters before the road sign that says Luchi or Luchio.
The entrance is right next to the white house on the road. It will give you the sensation that you are walking in their backyard, but you are not.
- You need to have someone drive you at the start and pick you up at the end.
- Stomio has a quiet rocky beach to enjoy after a long walk.
- Make sure you have a bottle of water with you.
- Sunscreen might be required and its good to always wear some.
- Comfortable shoes are advised. Hiking gear is not required.