Career Builds for
THE BRIGHT WIZARD
“The Bright Wizard is a master of destruction by magic, and a specialist in fire. His magic feeds upon itself, upon the enemy, and upon the Wizard. Embracing the fires within his mind, the Bright Wizard himself is engulfed in flame. He directs this inferno against his foes.”
Difficulty (Skillcap, Rotations) 0
Versatility (Build / Playstyle Variety) 0
Mobility (Gap-Closers, Escapes, Immunities, Movespeed Buffs) 0
- Path of Incineration
- Path of Immolation
- Path of Conflagration
- ROR Changes
Archetype: Ranged DPS
Special Mechanic: Combustion
Class Details: An offensive ranged career, Bright Wizards wield powerful magic that is extremely lethal to anyone in the vicinity. The spell Combustion, in particular, allows the Bright Gizzard to increase their spell power to such a dangerous levels that they risk miscasting and hurting themselves in the process.
Master of the Lore of Fire, the Bright Wizard is the most destructive battle wizard in all of the Empire. The Bright wizard is renowned for his ability to incinerate anything, ranging from individual soldiers to an entire hillside. However, destructive fire is not the only trick in his arsenal. The Bright Wizards is also capable of manipulating the wind of Aqshy to cause a variety of debilitating effects, ranging from thick banks of choking smoke, to withering heat that saps the strength and endurance from even the staunchest warrior. Some Bright Wizards have even been known to dabble in the healing arts, though cauterizing a wound with white hot fire is never a soldiers first choice!
Due to the volatile nature of Aqshy, the Red Wind of Fire that they manipulate, the Bright Wizard is always risking a backlash that could incinerate himself as well as his opponent. This buildup of Aqshy is known as Combustion and the greater the level of Combustion a Bright Wizard places into his destructive spells the more likely they will explode with stupendous results (Critical Hit). However, even the most skilled wizard will get burned when playing with fire. Pushing the combustion level too high can result in a backlash of magical energy that will damage the Wizard himself.
Path of Incineration
The Path of Incineration primarily focuses on destructive single-target spells. About half of these spells have high values of Combustion allowing those who master the Path of Incineration to focus on weaving high risk spells in with more reliable destructive magics for optimal single target damage.
Path of Immolation
The Path of Immolation focuses on damage over time and debilitating, lingering debuffs. A Master of Immolation is more patient, relying less on high-Combustion spells with explosive effect and more on slow burns that build up into an unstoppable inferno.
Path of Conflagration
The Path of Conflagration is the most destructive of the Bright Wizard masteries with area effect spells capable of burning entire swaths of land to a crisp. However, Masters of Conflagration must exert the most self-control; most of their spells build up high levels of Combustion and their reckless use could mean the Bright Wizards doom as well.
As an Bright Wizard you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points.
Intelligence: Increases your magical damage reduces the chance your opponent’s chance to block or disrupt attacks.
Critical Chance: Increase your chance to do Critical damage .
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
- Rain of Fire radius extended to meet its visual effects.
- Flashfire tactic now decreases the cast time on the next non-instant ability by 50% and allows the ability to be cast on the move; internal cooldown is 3s (used to be 6s).
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: