Career Builds for
THE WITCH ELF
“Witch Elves are the maiden-elves who are wedded to Khaine, the Lord of Murder, in midnight rites of blood sacrifice and magic. The decadent fragile looks of the maidens of Ulthuan are nothing compared to the intoxicating beauty of the Witch Elves. Witch Elves go to war alongside the Dark Elf armies, eager to prove themselves in the eyes of their god.”
Difficulty (Skillcap, Rotations) 0
Versatility (Build / Playstyle Variety) 0
Mobility (Gap-Closers, Escapes, Immunities, Movespeed Buffs) 0
Archetype: Melee DPS
Special Mechanic: Blood Lust
Class Details: An offensive melee attacker, Witch Elves favor ambushes and quick attacks. Once they close in on their victims, Witch Elves become filled with a joyous and terrible Blood Lust, ultimately unleashing in a vicious Frenzy. Their dark blades can also absorb and corrupt the victim’s own blood, briefly turning it into a deadly weapon in the Witch elves’ cruel hands.
A Witch Elf is an expert in quick and dirty fighting. Her poisons are her strength, and often
several different Damage Over Time abilities can stack to more effectively eat away at the enemy’s health. One on One battles should be chosen carefully. A Witch Elf will need to be able to kill the target quickly, or risk taking more damage than her Light (almost nothing!) Armor can protect her from. She will always be using her Action Points pool, and as such will want to carry yellow potions to replenish them quickly, along with health restorers for the longer fights.
The Witch Elves are the sanctified brides of Khaine, the Lord of Murder, and they serve their patron deity with savage pleasure. Wielding long daggers and prowling across the battlefield, the Witch Elves will sacrifice anyone and anything in their path as an offering to please the Bloody-Handed Lord.
With each strike of their weapons, the Witch Elves drive themselves deeper into a furious bloodlust, until they finally sate themselves in a horrific frenzy. Using their Khaine-blessed weapons, a Witch Elf can slice into her enemy and then corrupt their very blood upon her blades, briefly granting even more power to her attacks.
The Path of Carnage
The Path of Carnage is mainly concerned with quickly and directly slaughtering anything that presents itself to the Witch Elf. Eschewing subtlety, a specialist in this path prefers to confront her enemies face-to-face…or at least, face-to-what’s-left-of-their-face.
Path of Suffering
The Path of Suffering focuses more on effects that linger for some time, and a master in this path takes pleasure in leading her victims into a false sense of security. While her attacks may not seem dangerous at first, it’s only moments later that the Witch Elf’s enemy suddenly realizes that their death is imminent and there’s nothing they can do to stop it.
Path of Treachery
The Path of Treachery appeals to those Witch Elves who prefer to stalk their prey, attacking when the target is unsuspecting. A master of this path performs best in the thick of large, chaotic combats, where her victims are kept busy and unsuspecting, and she prefers to strike the enemy at their unprotected flanks.
As a Witch Elf you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points
Strength Skill: Increases your melee damage and reduces your opponent’s chance to block or parry.
Weapons Skill: Increases your armor penetration and parry.
Critical Chance: Increases your chance to deal critical damage ( not the amount).
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
- Shadow Prowler is now 35s cooldown (up from 30s) and has its cooldown reduced by 1s for every enemy within 100ft when effect is broken, with a minimum of 5s cooldown.
- Shadow Strike is a new, core ability, which grants a 50% speed bonus and shares its cooldown with Shadow Prowler. Its cast time is reduced by 1 second, and its duration is reduced by 3 seconds
- Elixir of Blades is now Path of Carnage.
- Elixir of Insane Power is now Path of Suffering.
- Slice no longer requires a target and will now strike up to 3 enemies in front of you, up to 15 feet away. It will not build Frenzy unless you hit at least one target.
- Broad Severing now increases Slice range to 30ft and removes target limit.
- Ruthless Assault now strikes all enemies within 20ft of its target.
- Envenomed Blade is no longer cleansable and its damage over time component has been doubled.
- Septic Blade’s effect is reduced by 7%, but will now stack as Envenomed Blade does.
- Close Combat is a new archetype tactic for all melee DPS classes. This tactic provides a 25% damage reduction against ranged and magical damage for 2s after using a direct damage, single target, melee ability on an enemy. This reduction does not stack with localized damage reductions such as Detaunt or Guard.
- Enfeebling Strike, Treacherous Assault, and Vehement Blades are now undefendable.
- Sever Blessing is now undefendable.
- Increased heal effect on Kiss of Doom tactic to 150%, up from 100% .
- Sacrificial Stab now grants the Blessing, Shriek of Death, for 10s, increasing the player’s Auto Attack speed by 10% per resource point spent.
- Sacrificial Stab now applies the Ailment, Hindering Cut, snaring the player affected by 3% per resource point spent.
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: