Trachilos & Viglia Beach
Trachilos beach is located just after the Kissamos port and after St.John Damialis and before Falasarna beach. This beach is also called pachia ammo (thick sand) and it is sometimes confused with the Falasarna beach. This is a small beach with a mixture of sandy and rocky parts. It has one unique feature. The first few meters of the water you are actually walking in a flat rock rather than sand and after several meters, the depth is increased massively it has the feeling of a cliff. In addition, you can go even further on foot and discover the smaller rocky coves if you are looking for something a bit quieter and private. There is also a small archaeological site that someone could visit.
A bit further to the west a few meters after the sign of the archaeological site the Viglia beach starts. It is a pebble/sandy beach with a small playground. There are no sunbeds or umbrellas.
How to Get There
Located only 3.5 Km from Kissamos, makes it easy to access by car. .
- Excellent for snorkelling lovers.
- 5 min from Kaliviani village.
- Hotel in walking distance for refreshments.
- Basic, off beach playground.
- Shallow waters for children (in some spots).
- The archaeological site not accessible easily, best to just read the post.